Floor lamps or standing lights are among the essential fixtures for lighting homes and even office environments. Standing lamps are decorative coverings for lights, and their job is to conceal a light source or soften its light beautifully. Floor lamps consist of a metal, wooden, plastic, or glass base, and a lampshade. They are best for indirect lighting and help make a space look dreamy. Studies show that intense lighting impacts mental health, whereas soft, indirect lighting helps relieve stress and anxiety.
Floor Lamps: a Review on Different Types
Floor lamps, also known as standing lamps, come in different types and designs. Standing lights are ideal for spaces with low natural light exposure and next to living room armchairs, where more light is needed. Here you go with a brief review of different types of floor lamps.
The talent and creativity of Persian designers and craftspeople, as well as their passion for making excellent standing lights and floor lamps, wall lights, and table lamps, have resulted in spectacular products of unique quality.
Classic Floor Lamps
Floor lamps of this type often come in golden metal or bronze bases and have one or multiple arms. These lamps are favored by those who like classic or traditional styles.
Modern Floor Lamps
These lamps usually have a neat geometric design, which includes sharp edges and angles. Simplicity is the defining quality of this style, and the lamps can be used in living rooms and bedrooms alike.
Arched Floor Lamps
This excellent style consists of an arched base that places the light facing the floor. Mostly equipped with large lampshades, arched floor lamps are chiefly used in living rooms, reading environments, and lounges.
Torchiere Floor Lamps
Resembling torches, these lamps have upside-down cone- or pyramid-shaped floor lamps. Torchiere floor lamps are space-saving, which makes them suitable for rooms with little free space.
Choosing and Buying Floor Lamps or Standing Lamps
In general, ideal lighting requires using a mix of direct and indirect light sources. Not only does this affect a room’s décor, but it also allows you to adjust the lighting whenever you need to.
- You should choose floor lamps based on not only your taste but also the décor of the room you intend them for and how much light you need there.
- The lighter you need in the room, the larger and more translucent the standing lamp should be.
- The higher the watt of the light bulb, the bigger the lampshade should be so that it can control how much light passes through.
- The lamp should be placed where the inside of the lampshade isn’t visible, as it would be off-putting if it did.
- If the décor is modern, then the standing lamp should be modern, too. Tall floor lamps are the perfect choice for modern interior design styles. Those with single-color, minimalistic, metallic bases with simple floor lamps are another good fit.
- If the decor is traditional or classic, go with lamps with a cone-shaped body and a fabric lampshade. Wooden floor lamps are also recommended for this décor style.
- Light-colored standing lights are more suitable for spaces with dark color schemes.
Handmade Persian floor lamps are exported to different places around the world today. Thanks to the skills and knowledge of the experts at Cyruscrafts, these products are being offered to international markets more and better than ever.
Cyruscrafts specializes in the supply, sale, and export of the finest floor lamps and lighting. We bring you high-class, one-of-a-kind products that will liven up and individualize your home or workplace.