Honey is a sweet food substance processed from floral nectars. The aroma and taste of honey depend on the flower whose nectar it’s made from.
different types of honey
A delicious food item, honey is classified in two different ways:
Based on production season
· Spring honey: Citrus, Robinia, and fruit tree honeys
· Autumn honey: High mountain honey
Based on the number of flowers the nectar comes from
· Monofloral honey: Honey made from the nectar of a single flower; clover and sunflower honeys fall into this category.
· Polyfloral honey: Honey made from the nectar of multiple flowers.
Benefits of honey
You may ask, “Why should I eat honey?” Well, because honey has several health benefits, including:
· Boosting memory
· Reducing wrinkles, acne, and premature skin aging
· Boosting energy: A quick energy booster, honey is a great option especially for athletes who want food that can help them keep their energy levels high for long periods of time.
· Helping weight loss
· Reducing the urge to smoke
· Boosting libido
Honey: A highly effective remedy
Honey is a highly effective remedy for different conditions and diseases. It helps treat or reduce:
· Sore throat and burning mouth syndrome: Honey treats these conditions by creating a protective layer.
· Breathing problems caused by upper respiratory tract infections in children
· Skin conditions of the scalp, including dandruff and itchy scalp
· Allergies: If you start eating a teaspoon of honey every day a few months before allergy season hits, you’ll enable your immune system to produce anti-allergy chemicals.
What plants is honey taken from?
Honey often gets its health benefits from the plant it comes from. The primary plants from which honey in Iran is taken from (through honey bees) include:
· Clover (including white and red clover)
· Wild plants (such as thyme, milkvetch, cattail, spear thistle, and artichoke)
How to tell real from fake honey (The originality of honey)
You always need to be careful which food items you buy, because they go right into your body and directly affect your health. Likewise, it’s important to know how to tell real and fake honey apart. So, in this section, Cyruscrafts gives you a few golden tips on how to recognize real honey:
1. Smell the honey
You should be able to smell the scent of the flower from the honey. Fake honey doesn’t smell like any particular flower or plant.
2. Check if the honey sinks in water
Real honey sinks to the bottom of a glass of water without dissolving, whereas fake honey dissolves quickly before it can sink to the bottom.
3. Heat the honey
When you heat real honey, no bubbles form on its surface, but they do on fake honey because it contains water.
4. Check the honey’s viscosity
Due to its high viscosity (thickness and stickiness of liquids), real honey moves slowly from one side of a container to the other, while fake honey moves fast. In fact, fake honey is almost runny because it contains a high amount of sweeteners and other additives — and it can’t be made thicker because then it would crystalize pretty fast.
5. See for how long the taste stays
The taste of real honey stays in your mouth for a short time after eating, but fake honey leaves its taste for a much longer time because it contains sweeteners.
6. Check how translucent the honey is
You can easily see things through fake honey in a glass jar, which would be impossible if the honey was real.
7. Use a slice of bread
Put some of the honey on a slice of bread. If the honey wets the bread, then it’s fake.
8. Use a piece of paper
Real honey never gets absorbed by paper, whereas fake honey would quickly.
When and how to consume honey
· Honey is the best thing to have with breakfast because not only does it supply the sugar your body needs but it also helps regulate your heart rate, blood flow, and blood pressure. You can sweeten your morning tea with some honey. It’s recommended that honey is one of the first things you eat with your breakfast.
· Mixing honey with cereal grains, corn, bread, and milk makes a super healthy combination that helps detox your body.
· A milk-and-honey mix is a certain remedy for cold and some throat problems. All you need to do is to add a tablespoon of honey to a glass of milk and mix. you can consume honey milk beside other persian tasty food and cookies like ghottab and baghlava.
· Honey and sesame make a fantastic combination that can boost your energy a lot. You can have this mix as a snack. Your energy levels usually drop in the afternoon; honey gives you the energy you need for the rest of your day.
· If you want to lose weight, have some honey before going to bed because it increases your metabolism during sleep, helping your body burn fat. Also, a mix of honey and lemon juice can considerably help you burn fat and cleanse your stomach.
How to store and maintain honey
· Store honey in the right container. Honey is acidic, so it’s very dangerous to store it in reactive metal containers because the acid can make the metal dissolve into honey. The best containers for storing honey are glass, enameled, and ceramic ones.
· Don’t expose honey to direct heat.
· Don’t leave honey in direct sunlight.
· Close the lid of the honey jar as tight as possible.
· It’s recommended to store honey at room temperature.
Which Iranian cities produce honey?
One of the most delicious Persian honeys, the “southern wild honey” is harvested and processed in the islands of Qeshm and Kish, among others. Honey bees in the region make their hives in the grey mangrove jungles of the Persian Gulf and feed on native plant species; this is why the honey tastes so unique. In southern Iran, you can also find wild high mountain honey, one of the varieties that never crystallizes. Other Persian honeys are harvested in Birjand, Ferdows, Sanandaj, Nahavand, Kermanshah, Andimeshk, Izeh, Dezful, Shushtar, Borazjan, Ilam, Bandar Abbas, Khansar, Takab, Sabalan, Kazerun, Farashband, Firuzabad, and Meymand.
CyrusCrafts will provide you with high-quality and unique products as part of its specialized activity in preparing, selling, and exporting one of the best honey in the world, so that you can experience a wonderful and one-of-a-kind taste and serve yourself, your family and your guests in a healthy, unique and different way.