Shawl Scarf design and production are two ancient Iranian arts that have been perfected over time, providing an outlet for Iranian taste and art.
The art of weaving, particularly the weaving of silk fabrics, is used in the production of various types of scarves and shawls used as a cover for women's hair and heads. From the past to the present, women's clothing has changed in accordance with the culture and beliefs of each period, but the beauty, art, and color in design and production are evident in each period.
Because shawls and scarves are the most common women's clothing in Iran, it has become one of the main centers of production and supply of this product. Iran produces shawl scarves with designs and patterns that are unique to the country and cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
Different fabrics of the shawls and scarves
The first thing to consider when purchasing a scarf or shawl is the fabric, as not all fabrics are appropriate for a shawl scarf.
- Silk cloth: This fabric is made of natural fibers, is integrated and is long-lasting. As a result, it is more expensive and valuable than other fabrics used in scarves and shawls. Other characteristics of this fabric are its softness and lightness, as well as its stunning beauty. Silk fabric is easy to iron and is ideal for formal occasions and settings. This scarf is appropriate for all four seasons and can be worn in both hot and cold weather. Silk has the ability to retain moisture in the skin and hair; additionally, due to its anti-allergy properties, it is ideal for people with sensitive skin.
- Harir cloth: This type of fabric is thinner than silk and has soft, thin, and straight material. Harir scarves and shawls are cool and ideal for the summer. Hair fibers are mostly cotton and have a plain texture. This fabric is typically used for parties and gatherings, but it is slicker and more expensive than cotton fabric.
- Satin cloth: This fabric is a shiny fabric with a smooth surface that is usually matte on the back. Satin shawls and scarves are popular at parties and gatherings. Satin fabric is less valuable than silk and Harir. Natural and synthetic fibers are used to make satin scarves. Natural fibers are superior to synthetic fibers in terms of quality, softness, and shine. This type of scarf has a denser texture. As a result, it has a greater lifespan and durability than others.
- Cotton cloth: These fabrics conduct heat, transferring body heat to the outside. Therefore, this fabric is commonly used in the summer. Cotton scarves are more affordable than other types of scarves and shawls. When compared to satin and Harir fabrics, one of the benefits of using cotton scarves and shawls is that stains are easily removed.
Design and color of scarves and shawls
Another important consideration is the design and color of scarves and shawls.
- Traditional designs: Paisley, flowers, antiquities, and other patterns are examples of these designs.
- Turkmen scarf: These scarves are an example of shawls and scarves in traditional design. These Turkmen scarves are one of the coverings worn by Turkmen tribes in Iran's north and northeast. With the passage of time and the changes that have occurred in this scarf, it has become popular among other people as well. Turkmen scarf is a large scarf that measures 150 x 150 cm and has designs that are crowded and full of flowers and colors, the majority of which are located on the scarf's edge.
- Modern designs: Modern designs have become very popular in recent years, and most young women are interested in this type of scarf. Drawings, calligraphy, checkers, chains, cubism, and other styles are examples of these designs. The majority of geometric shapes are used in the design of modern scarves and shawls.
- Solid-colored: These are plain shawls or scarves, typically made of satin, cotton, or Harir.
Price of Scarves
The number of artisans such as weavers and other artisans involved in making cheap shawls is declining. As well as the material.
In contrast, expensive scarves are made from different materials often natural fibers such as silk and wool. They're soft, they'll keep you warm, and they will last for years. The price can start from $4 and goes up to $10,000
How to pair a shawl scarf with other clothes
- Black color scarf: Black is a neutral color that works well with any style. As a result, the black scarf has become extremely popular among the general public.
- Solid color: If you are unfamiliar with color combinations, you can use a dominant color in different tones.
- Contrasting colors: Contrasting colors are those that are opposed to each other. This method is commonly used to pair scarves and shawls with other clothing, for example, the combination of yellow and black, yellow and blue, etc.
Different Shawl and Scarf size
The majority of shawls are made in the 65 x 200 cm size, also known as large shawls.
The most common sizes of scarves, which are the average size for a scarf, are 90 x 90 cm.
Some scarves are used merely for fashion, which means they have a decorative aspect as well as being used to tie around the neck or around the wrist. The scarves used for this purpose are 65 x 65 cm in size.
Large-size scarves, typically 120 x 120 cm in size, are commonly used by women.
For many years, all kinds of Iranian shawls, scarves, and different accessories have been exported to various parts of the world, and now, thanks to the capabilities and knowledge available on CyrusCrafts, these products are increasingly available in global markets.