A decorative bowl or a candy dish is an object for displaying candy. In most households, a candy bowl is placed in the hallway as a sign of welcome. Decorative candy bowls are typically set out for guests so they can help themselves out with sweets and candies.
Types of Decorative Bowls & Dishes
Candy bowls and dishes serve as a traditional form of hospitality in many cultures worldwide. Candy bowls are designed to make people feel more at home.
A candy bowl or candy dish can be made of various materials. You can find decorative bowls that are covered or uncovered, as well as flat candy dishes. If you are looking for something unique and unusual, turquoise candy bowls are an excellent choice for you. Old-fashioned hospitality is sometimes shown to guests by presenting them with an antique turquoise candy bowl
- Brass Candy Bowls: Iranians have been fascinated by the design and pattern of brass sweet or candy dish utensils since they were imported from India. Unless they are improperly cared for, these decorative dishes will last for many years. Acidic environments, for instance, should not be used on them. These dishes, which have attractive and beautiful patterns and colors, will enhance the appearance of our home.
- Glass Candy Bowls: It is possible to combine glass decorative bowls with any style of home decoration. Another reason they are so popular is that they allow you to see the colorful sweets inside.
- Inlaid Candy Bowl: Handcrafted Iranian antiques include candy dishes with inlaid patterns. Their popularity never wavered. Geometric patterns and designs have given these bowls and dishes are very luxurious and beautiful look, which is one of the reasons why these products have become so popular.
- Toreutics: Toreutics decorative containers are mostly used as home decoration. Because they have become a work of art due to their designs and engraving roles and will make your home look eye-catching.
- Ceramic Candy Dishes: The use of ceramic candy bowls/dishes utensils that are produced today with different Persian designs and has become popular on the markets.
- Earthenware Candy Bowls: These old fashion looking candy bowls have been common in the country of Iran since ancient times. Decorative candy bowls that are made of clay are of cheap prices. Yet they can be painted with the minakari technique which raises both the price and the look of them!
Uses of Candy Bowls & Dishes
People frequently ask "what to put in a decorative bowl?"
At first, these bowls and dishes might look very simple but the use of candy bowls is vary!
Instead of throwing hairpins into the bottomless pit of the bathroom drawer, a candy bowl can be used to catch them. Candy bowls can also be used to catch keys when you walk in the door.
Alternatively, they can be used as decorative items to make the place look more attractive. Put them on a table or shelf to make the space look more valuable. The best part is... You can even use these bowls as vases to plant flowers, making them look even more amazing.
They also make great gifts! Whether it's your mother, a dear friend, or coworker, they'll be pretty surprised when they open the package and see this exceptional piece. Your employee is quitting? Is there anything more memorable than a vintage candy dish or a turquoise handmade bowl?
Last Words of CyrusCrafts’ Bowls
In the wake of recent changes in Iranian policy, CyrusCrafts' capabilities and expertise contribute to improving the visibility of traditional Iranian decor and handicrafts.
With a wide range of decorative plates and dishes to choose from, CyrusCrafts' mission is to liven up and enhance your environment.