Dried fruits are fresh fruits that have been dried naturally (with the sunlight) or industrially (with a machine) to lose almost all of their water. This is a method of preserving fruits so that they do not rot or spoil. Dried fruits are one of the best and healthiest snacks to eat, especially in the winter. The fruit's volume decreases as it dries, and its vitamins become more concentrated.
Dried fruit has a long history dating back to prehistoric times. They discovered that fruits like grapes, figs, and others that dry on the tree are just as tasty as fresh fruit and just as good for health.
Dried fruit is produced in a variety of countries, including Iran. As Iran is a four-season country, the best fruits are produced there throughout the year. Each city in Iran is famous for producing special fruits based on its specific soil and climate, which is why Iran, with the most climatic and weather diversity in the Middle East, has the highest fruit production rank.
Health benefits of dried fruit
From ancient times to the present, the health benefits of dried fruit have been widely recognized, and dried fruit is now a popular treat consumed in all countries.
- Appetite control with dried fruit: While eating many snacks is associated with an increase in calories and weight gain, eating dried fruit as a snack is a good choice because it creates a feeling of relative fullness in the person. Therefore, eating dried fruit is a safe way to control your appetite.
- Dried fruit improves gastrointestinal health: Dried fruit aids digestion by providing fiber and aids in the prevention of intestinal cancer. Doctors now make numerous recommendations regarding the use of fruits and vegetables to provide the fiber required by the body.
- Dried fruit and cardiovascular health: Polyphenols are one of the ingredients in dried fruits. They reduce bad cholesterol while increasing good cholesterol. To protect yourself from heart disease, it is advised that you consume dried fruit on a regular basis.
Methods of drying fruit
- Natural method (sunlight): This is the best, most cost-effective, and simplest method for drying fruits. No additives are used in this method, and the fruits are dried naturally. This technique necessitates specialized skills. There are also drawbacks to the natural fruit drying method. One of its disadvantages is that it causes fruits to lose their color and beauty, and they are not preferred by many people because of their darker color.
- Industrial method (machines): Fruits are dried using a machine in this method, and no direct sunlight is required. Their moisture is preserved, which protects them from damage as compared with the natural method. These fruits have a more refined appearance, as well as more color and beauty.
Different Types of dried fruit and their benefits
Iran has a wide variety of fruits, including the best and freshest. Most dried fruits are available on CyrusCrafts, some of which are listed below:
- Raisins: Raisins are made by drying grapes that are high in minerals. Raisins lower the risk of certain diseases while also strengthening the immune system. Thanks to their natural sugar content, they do not cause an excessive rise in blood sugar and also lower the risk of diabetes.
- Zante currant: Another type of dried grape is zante Currant, which is made by drying Shahani grapes. Zante currants are smaller in size than regular raisins. Currants are high in nutrients that are beneficial to health, and disease prevention and treatment. Currants provide anemia treatment, thyroid treatment, heart health, brain health, and thousands of other benefits.
- Dried mango: It is another type of dried fruit that, in addition to having a pleasant taste and being warm, is also very nutritious and useful. Dried mango has a longer shelf life and is high in vitamins A and B, which aid in digestion and metabolism regulation. Furthermore, dried mango reduces stress and improves heart health, skin clarity, and vision.
- Dried figs: Dried figs are an alkaline substance that can help regulate the pH of the body. Dried figs are also high in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure. This substance is very effective and beneficial in treating skin conditions such as eczema, as well as reducing constipation and increasing stool frequency.
- Dried apricot and dried peach: Dried apricots are a good source of iron and can help with anemia. They are high in antioxidants, which aid in the prevention of cardiovascular disease and the reduction of blood cholesterol.
- Dried dates: Dried dates are delicious and high in fiber, potassium, and iron. Contrary to popular belief, they do not cause a significant increase in blood sugar and can be a delicious confection with milk.
- Dried apples: Dried apples make an excellent snack, especially for children who dislike eating fruits and vegetables. This fruit is high in vitamins A and C, as well as fiber, which aids digestion and helps the digestive system.
For many years, all kinds of Iranian dried fruits have been exported to various parts of the world, and now, thanks to the capabilities and knowledge available on CyrusCrafts, these products are increasingly available in global markets.