If you enjoy the softness and beauty of the rug and carpets but you do not like to cover the entire floor of the room, an area rug can be a good solution for designing your decoration. The only difference between the area rug and other rugs is its dimensions and the fact that it is usually used for modern and contemporary decorations.
For example, you have used parquet or similar flooring on your floor and do not like the rug to cover the legs of sofas and the edge of the wall, so the most suitable option for you is an area rug.
Classic area rugs are offered in different sizes, of which the sizes of 2x3 m and 3x4 m are the most popular. In terms of appearance, these types of rugs are usually rectangular and sometimes circular. The choice of rug shape depends entirely on your taste and the decoration of your house.
Advantages of using an area rug
Based on what was mentioned above, you understood what an area rug is and used in different decorations. Now, you can get acquainted with the benefits of area rugs for the interior design of your home.This kind of rugs have many advantages; here are 5 of the most popular ones:
- Beautifying and enlivening the environment: There are many reasons why using an area rug in the living room is a good idea. Area rugs can provide comfort, warmth, and original art (in terms of color, motif, texture, etc.) in your home. This type of rug can act as a cultural-artistic work to cover the floor of the room and create a frame to arrange the furniture according to and define the spaces.
- Protecting the floor from damage: Sharp or heavy objects like pet paws can scratch the floor of your room and cause unpleasant damages. Using an area rug can prevent these damages. Of course, using these rugs, in addition to protection, gives beauty to your room.
- Creating silence and tranquillity in the home space: In general, in addition to beauty, rugs have the advantage of reducing noise because they prevent the noise of walking and running, especially with shoes. This is important for high-rise apartment units with children or pets. Relaxation and silence are always enjoyable. The use of area rugs sometimes even helps you have a comfortable sleep or relaxation while studying.
- Keeping the space warm: If you live in a cold city, the cost of maintaining the home environment warm is very high, especially in winter. You can use the area rug to save money and keep your house warm affordably.
- Easy to move: Sometimes, you must spend lots of effort to move a rug used all over the floor when it needs to be washed. However, area rugs can be easily folded or moved. Their low weight and portability and their great variety in color, motif, and texture have made them usable and suitable for any place in any size and shape.
While there are many options for area rugs, some crucial things to keep in mind when buying and using them.Here are some general rules to consider before buying an area rug.
The importance of area rug dimensions
Keep the following points in mind when installing an area rug in your living or family room:The most common mistake to make when buying an area rug is to buy a too-small one.An area rug should be placed in front of the furniture base (legs) and there should be no space between the sofa and the rug. Before buying an area rug and bringing it home, you should pay attention to your furniture placement and the size of the room.
- If you have a huge room, separate the areas with tables and chairs from the empty spaces of the room and use a different rug for each. Not all rugs need to be the same, but they should be similar in color or motif.
- For medium-sized rooms, it is often better to use the classic area rugs with dimensions of 3 to 6 m2. You should also pay attention to the space between the edge of the rug and the wall. This distance should not be too long or too short and make sure that the distance between the rug and the wall is the same on all four sides.
here at Cyruscrafts, we offer you various dimensions such as:
- 5x7 area rug
- 6x8 area rug
- 6x9 area rug
- 9x12 area rug
Different Color and motif of area rug
We can imagine that an area rug is a kind of artwork for the floor, and it is a great way to enliven a room. Do not be afraid to choose rugs with colors and motifs. Area rugs with beautiful and prominent motifs can be very eye-catching, but make sure not to place the furniture on the rug when arranging it, as the motifs may be covered entirely. Be sure to consider the location of the furniture before buying.we also offer you different colours such as:
- white area rug
- grey area rug
- blue area rug
- black and white area rug
- green area rug
- beige area rug
How to keep and maintain an area rug
Different area rugs have different maintenance tips and washing methods. We offer you unique solutions for each product to help maintain their look the best and enjoy a long shelf life. Before buying your rug, be sure to pay attention to where you want to use it and what kind of items it needs for maintenance.
- In general, medium to high-density rugs should be properly cleaned once a year to remove dust, hair, and allergens. (A vacuum cleaner is not enough). Carpets with low mass and flat waves should be removed periodically from the house and be shaken.
- Before cleaning the area rug, check the cleaning instructions.
- You cannot wash rugs made from jute and sisal fibres. Therefore, excessive dirt, such as pouring syrup, tea, etc., on it can lead to permanent damage to the rug. Of course, area rugs woven with natural fibres do not show as much dirt and minor stains as other rugs.
Now that you have read the contents of this article, you have realized the uses and benefits of using an area rug, so you are ready to buy a good one and know what to consider.
Cyruscrafts collection with specialized activity in preparing, selling, and exporting the best samples of area rugs, provides you with high quality and unique products to experience a wonderful and amazing feeling in the decoration of your home or workplace.