If you enjoy the softness and beauty of the rug and carpets, but you do not like to cover the entire floor of the room, an area rug can be a good solution for designing your decoration. The only difference between the area rug and other rugs is its dimensions and the fact that it is usually used for modern and contemporary decorations.
For example, you have used parquet or similar flooring on your floor and do not like the rug to cover the legs of sofas and the edge of the wall, so the most suitable option for you is an area rug.
Classic area rugs are offered in different sizes, of which the sizes of 2x3 m and 3x4 m are the most popular. In terms of appearance, these types of rugs are usually rectangular and sometimes circular. The choice of rug shape depends entirely on your taste and the decoration of your house.
Advantages of using an area rug
Based on what was mentioned above, you understood what an area rug is and how it is used in different decorations. Now, by reading more, you can get acquainted with some of the benefits of this type of rug for the interior design of your home. The area rug has many advantages, here are 5 of the most popular ones:
- Beautifying and enlivening the environment: There are many reasons why using an area rug in the living room is a good idea. Area rugs can provide comfort, warmth, and original art (in terms of color, motif, texture, etc.) in your home. This type of rug can act as a cultural-artistic work to cover the floor of the room and can also create a frame to arrange the furniture according to and define the spaces.
- Protecting the floor from damage: Sharp or heavy objects like pet paws can scratch the floor of your room and cause unpleasant damages. Using an area rug can prevent these damages. Of course, using these rugs, in addition to protection, gives beauty to your room.
- Creating silence and tranquility in the home space: In general, in addition to beauty, rugs have the advantage of reducing noise, because they prevent the noise of walking and running, especially with shoes. This is important for high-rise apartment units with children or pets. Relaxation and silence are always enjoyable. The use of area rugs sometimes even helps you have a comfortable sleep or relaxation while studying.
- Keeping the space warm: If you live in a cold city, the cost of keeping the home environment warm is very high, especially in winter. You can use the area rug to save money and keep your house warm affordably.
- Easy to move: Sometimes lots of effort must be spent to move a rug used all over the floor when it needs to be washed. However, area rugs can be easily folded or moved. Their low weight and portability as well as their great variety in color, motif, and texture have made them usable and suitable for any place in any size and shape.
While there are many options for area rugs, there are some important things to keep in mind when buying and using them.
Here are some general rules to consider before buying an area rug:
The importance of area rug dimensions
Keep the following points in mind when installing an area rug in your living or family room:
The most common mistake to make when buying an area rug is to buy a very small rug.
An area rug should be placed in front of the furniture base (legs) and there should be no space between the sofa and the rug. Before buying an area rug and bringing it home, you should pay attention to the placement of your furniture and the size of the room.
· If you have a very large room, separate the areas with tables and chairs from the empty spaces of the room and use a different rug for each. Not all rugs need to be the same, but they should be similar in color or motif.
· For medium-sized rooms, it is often better to use the classic area rugs with dimensions of 3 to 6 m2. You should also pay attention to the space between the edge of the rug and the wall. This distance should not be too long or too short and make sure that the distance between the rug and the wall is the same on all four sides.
ِDifferent Color and motif of area rug
It can be imagined that an area rug is a kind of artwork for the floor and it is a great way to enliven a room. Do not be afraid to choose rugs with colors and motifs. Area rugs with beautiful and prominent motifs can be very eye-catching, but make sure not to place the furniture on the rug when arranging it, as the motifs may be completely covered. Be sure to consider the location of the furniture before buying.
How to keep and maintain an area rug
Different area rugs have different maintenance tips and washing methods. We offer you special solutions for each rug that can help maintain your rug so that it looks the best and enjoys a long shelf life. Before buying your rug, be sure to pay attention to where you want to use it and what kind of items it needs for maintenance.
- In general, medium to high-density rugs should be properly cleaned once a year to remove dust, hair, and any allergens. (A vacuum cleaner is not enough). Rugs with low mass and flat waves should be removed periodically from the house and be shaken.
- Before cleaning the area rug, check the cleaning instructions of the rug.
- Rugs made from jute and sisal fibers cannot be washed. Therefore, excessive dirt such as pouring syrup, tea, etc on it can lead to permanent damage to the rug. Of course, area rugs woven with natural fibers do not show as much dirt and minor stains as other rugs.
Now that you have read the contents of this article, you have realized the uses and benefits of using an area rug, so you are ready to buy a good rug and know what to consider.
Cyruscrafts collection with specialized activity in the field of preparing, selling, and exporting the best samples of area rugs, provides you with high quality and inimitable products so that you can experience a wonderful and unique feeling in the decoration of your home or workplace.