- Mahsa S. Yeganeh
- Interior Design
- 9 likes
- 1567 views
- 2 comments
The living room is one of the usual parts of every house as a place for family members to gather, rest, and host guests. Therefore, it is essential to be cozy. Is there anyone who would like their space to feel more comfortable?
If you care about the coziness of your living room and you want to make your living room cozy without spending a lot of money and just following some simple tips, then stay with seven cozy living room ideas:
1. Determine the Style
Choosing a style is a critical step in starting an interior design. Imagine without selecting a specific style for a part of the house; buy any item that catches your eye in the store and bring it home. The result will be a cluttered room with things that do not have any harmony and accord. It makes the beauty of each item not visible and looks chaotic and irregular.
If you want to have a unique creative interior design that feels cozy, let us review the most popular trendy interior design styles:
- Minimal or Maximal: In interior design, minimal style means minimizing details, and maximal style is the opposite of minimal. In a living room designed with a minimal style, you cannot use items full of details and vice versa. Minimal interior design is one of the trend styles these days; maximal style always has its fans too.
- Modern or Classic: These two styles may be opposite, but they have a fundamental commonality. The similarity between classic and modern cozy living rooms is that they have been widespread for centuries and always are popular.
In other words, classic interior design styles and modern living rooms always remain fashionable. Therefore, choose one of these styles if you are not a risk taker.
- Contemporary or Vintage: As the name suggests, contemporary is the fashion these days, and you have many furniture choices for a contemporary interior design. It may not be suitable to put vintage interior design against recent.
Still, in general, the lovely vintage style brings old things that are not antique to today's world, which is why it is known as the nostalgic style.
2. Consider the Space
The essential point you should consider before choosing items for any space is the size of that area. The choice of living room furniture should be based on the size of the living room so that it does not make the space feel dull, and on the other hand, we can use all the space optimally.
One of the services of the CyrusCrafts group is that it has specified the size of all products on its online store so that you can choose a rug by size, for example. It is interesting that if the living room of your house is small, you can make the space appear larger by choosing light colors for the wall or wallpaper or using wall mirrors.
3. Furniture for A Cozy Living Room
After considering the right size for furniture, we should pay attention to their comfort and beauty. We spend many hours on the couch or sofa in the living room watching TV or with our family and friends; Therefore, the quality of living room furniture and especially choosing a top-quality sofa set is crucial; sectional sofas work best if you need more comfort.
Light is an element that exists wherever the human eye can see, but since it is not a physical object, it may have yet to attract your attention to its importance. The presence of light suitable for the living room's space and style significantly affects the room's coziness because the lack of light makes us bored, and the excess of it can make us nervous. Therefore, you can invite light to your home by choosing a beautiful chandelier with flame numbers according to the room size and the style and color according to the type of living room of your lovely home. Also, floor lamps are light devices that, in addition to providing light, also have decorative uses.
A stylish standing lamp helps you decorate the unused corner of the living room, and when you want light in only one part of the room, provide the light of that area.
4. Upholstery Matters too
The sofa structure is not enough to make a living room cozy; the fabric should also be comfortable and not irritate the skin of those in the room. Since velvet is a durable fabric with different types in terms of texture and price, it is considered one of the most popular sofa clothing fabrics.
Choosing a velvet sofa gives you many price, texture, and color options. In addition, an essential feature of velvet is that although it is very soft, it has a long lifespan, and all these features are in addition to the fact that velvet does not cause allergies for your skin and your children. If you do not want to spend on changing couches, you can use faux fur on your old couches.
5. Accessories' Brilliant Effect
Many living room accessories are there for our comfort. For example, the following items are among popular accessories in the living room, which are also functional in addition to being decorative:
• Footstool: A footstool is a must-have for any cozy living room. What can eliminate the tiredness of our feet after a working day more than placing our feet on a soft device with a suitable height? So do not forget this magical device while furnishing your cozy living room because it creates a comfortable place for your tired feet.
• Cushion: Contrary to popular belief, cushions are only for decoration. They are not just sofa beautifiers; instead, they are lovely accessories that you can use to adjust the sofa support based on the ergonomics of your body or to place your tired hands on them while resting in front of the TV.
Please tell us about other uses of cushions by adding them in the comments. Silk fibers are the most popular cushion textile. Silk is the most luxurious and softest natural fabric. Still, you do not need to worry about its price because today, different types of silk fabric are available at various prices.
• Other Crafts: The comfort of a living room is not only about the coziness of its furniture, but the tools used, such as the TV remote control, pets' toys, throw pillows, or drinking glasses, should be readily available.
Also, we must put small items where they will not get lost, for example, in a box in the built-in bookcases. For this purpose, you can use a decorative bowl or plate, which, in addition to being decorative and beautiful, also holds your small items.
Moreover, for your modern cozy living room, think about decorative candles that bring a sense of coziness to your lovely living room with their feeling of warmth.
6. Make your Choice of Carpets
A rug is essential for any interior design style, even for a modern cozy living room, especially if you have a toddler at home. The excellent news about carpets is that they have a variety in that you can easily choose the size, pattern, and color of the rug you need to suit your home style and budget.
Remember that handmade carpets are one of the best options for a cozy living room due to their high quality and suitable thickness.
7. Mind your Soul
Remember that no comfort is more important than your peace of soul. The coziness of the house is not enough for our body only, but the atmosphere and arrangement of the place should be such that our soul and mind are also safe from chaos.
Artworks have always been associated with the human spirit and can create a cozy living, so do not neglect to use artwork in your living room. You can design a gallery wall in the living room and install wall art, mirror, or decorative plates to make that wall a focal point in your modern cozy living room.
In the end, note that the design of a cozy living room depends entirely on your tastes. Therefore, you can create a comfortable living room with the help of these seven tips and by using your creativity.
The good news for Canada and the USA customers is that the CyrusCrafts team of interior design specialists has offered you quality and unique products at the best prices. You can buy them simply by filling out the order form and quickly delivering them to your door.